- Computers belonging to South Korean government officials have been infiltrated by targeted malware in email. Chinese hackers are suspected. Contrary to what this article says, I’m betting that the attachments were PDFs, which are currently the document of choice when attempting to infect journalists’ machines.
- Another intriguing academic paper, this time on the structure of the Russian political blogosphere. Commentators continue to post mostly on the LiveJournal platform and are less politically divided than the United States.
- Russian police investigate the Russian-language Wikipedia on suspicion of hosting extremist materials.
- The United Kingdom renews plans to centrally store every source and destination of every email, phone call and website visit for “at least a year”…
- …while India’s home ministry has told mobile phone companies to store every SMS text message for six months. Currently the companies keep messages for just for two days.