Bosnia and Herzegovina / Europe & Central Asia

  

Bosnia and Herzegovina news website eTrafika threatened with ‘bloodshed’ over reporting

Berlin, July 28, 2022 – Authorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina should swiftly and thoroughly investigate death threats sent to journalists at the independent news website eTrafika and ensure their safety, the Committee to Protect Journalists said Thursday.  Starting in May, Siniša Golub, a man who was previously the subject of eTrafika’s reporting, sent threats of…

Read More ›

Bosnian journalist Nataša Miljanović-Zubac’s car destroyed, authorities investigate on suspicion of arson

Berlin, June 23, 2022 — Authorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina should swiftly and thoroughly investigate the alleged arson attack on journalist Nataša Miljanović-Zubac’s car, hold those responsible to account, and ensure her safety, the Committee to Protect Journalists said Thursday. In the early hours of June 15, Miljanović-Zubac’s car was destroyed in a fire while…

Read More ›

Srđan Puhalo

Bosnian columnist Srđan Puhalo receives death threats

Berlin, May 24, 2022 — Bosnia and Herzegovina authorities should swiftly and thoroughly investigate death threats made against columnist Srđan Puhalo and ensure his safety, the Committee to Protect Journalists said Tuesday. On May 6, Puhalo, a regular columnist for news website Frontal, received numerous online insults, threats of physical violence, and death threats following…

Read More ›

Bosnia and Herzegovina columnist Dragan Bursać and Montenegro journalist Darko Šuković receive death threats

Berlin, June 4, 2021 — Authorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro should swiftly and thoroughly investigate threats made to journalists Dragan Bursać and Darko Šuković and ensure their safety, the Committee to Protect Journalists said today. On May 26, a Facebook user named “Marko Aprcovic” sent death threats to Bursać, a Bosnia-based columnist for…

Read More ›

Bosnia and Herzegovina journalist Nikola Vučić receives death threats

On May 26, 2020, multiple anonymous and pseudonymous Facebook and Twitter users sent threatening messages to Nikola Vučić, a reporter and presenter for the privately owned N1 TV station, according to the journalist, who communicated with CPJ via email, and a report by SafeJournalists.net, a regional press freedom group. One anonymous Twitter user sent Vučić…

Read More ›

A police officer is seen in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, on September 8, 2019. Bosnian journalist Avdo Avdić recently received death threats. (Reuters/Dado Ruvic)

Bosnian investigative journalist Avdo Avdić receives death threats

Berlin, October 29, 2019 — Bosnia and Herzegovina authorities should swiftly and thoroughly investigate threats made to journalist Avdo Avdić and ensure his safety, the Committee to Protect Journalists said today.

Read More ›

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, is seen on April 4, 2018. A reporter's camera was recently damaged by a security guard while he was reporting in the town of Šikulje. (Reuters/Dado Ruvic)

Security guard damages journalist’s camera in Bosnia and Herzegovina

On May 14, 2019, in Šikulje, Bosnia and Herzegovina, a private security guard damaged the camera of Ademir Mešanović, a cameraman working for local public broadcaster RTV TK, according to a report by the broadcaster.

Read More ›

A November 1, 1998, photo of Serbian journalist Slavko Curuvija at a press conference in Belgrade. A Serbian court on April 5, 2019, sentenced four former intelligence officers to decades in prison for the 1999 killing of Curuvija. (AFP/Andrej Isakovic)

CPJ welcomes convictions in murder of Serbian journalist Slavko Ćuruvija

New York, April 5, 2019–A Belgrade court today convicted four former Serbian state security officers of the 1999 murder of journalist Slavko Ćuruvija, owner of the mass-circulation Dnevni Telegraf, Serbia’s first private daily, and the weekly magazine Evropljanin, independent regional news website Balkan Insight reported. Ćuruvija, 51, was shot and killed on April 11, 1999,…

Read More ›

A man reads on a bridge in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, on October 6, 2018. A Sarajevo politician recently attacked a journalist in the city. (Amel Emric/AP)

Politician attacks journalist in Bosnia and Herzegovina

Berlin, April 2, 2019 – Authorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina should quickly and thoroughly investigate the attack and harassment of journalist Adi Kebo by Sarajevo politician Huso Ćesir, the Committee to Protect Journalists said today.

Read More ›

Bosnian journalists gather at the main square in Banja Luka, Bosnia, on August 27, 2018, to protest against an attack on journalist Vladimir Kovacevic of independent television station BNTV. (AP Photo/Radivoje Pavicic)

Bosnian Serb reporter hospitalized after attack by masked assailants

New York, August 28, 2018–Reporter Vladimir Kovacevic of the independent Bosnian Serb television station BNTV was badly beaten on August 26 after reporting on an anti-government protest in Banja Luka, the de facto capital of the Serb-controlled part of Bosnia and Herzegovina, BNTV reported.

Read More ›