November 2011, in Khuzdar, Pakistan
Rind's body was found in Khuzdar on November 5, nearly two months after he was abducted, according to news reports. The journalist had been shot multiple times in the head and chest, and his body showed numerous signs of torture, local news media reported. The killing appeared to have occurred shortly before the discovery.
An editor and columnist with the Urdu-language Daily Tawar, Rind was kidnapped in his hometown of Hub in southern Baluchistan province on September 11. The Daily Tawar was known for its coverage of the many conflicts between rival groups and the government. Rind was also an active member of the separatist Baluch National Movement, news reports said.
The Baluchistan Union of Journalists condemned Rind's kidnapping and murder and demanded that the government put together a high-level committee to investigate the attack. No group claimed responsibility for the killing.
Job: Columnist / Commentator, Editor, Print Reporter
Beats Covered: Crime, Human Rights, Politics
Local or Foreign: Local
Type of Death: Murder
Suspected Source of Fire: Unknown Fire
Taken Captive: Yes
- Missing Baluch journalist found dead in Karachi, August 22, 2013
- Roots of Impunity, May 23, 2013
- Equipment stolen, burned in raid on pro-Baluch paper, April 8, 2013
- Baluch journalist reported missing in Karachi, March 28, 2013
- In Pakistan, missing journalist found dead, November 7, 2011