Express TV and Daily Express
May 22, 2008, in Khar, Pakistan
Ibrahim, a reporter for Express TV, was gunned down by unidentified men outside Khar, the main town of the Bajaur tribal area, according to news reports. The journalist was returning by motorcycle from an interview with local Taliban spokesman Maulvi Omar, according to the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists and Imtiaz Ali, a Washington Post correspondent based in the nearby regional capital of Peshawar.
The assailants took the footage of Ibrahim's interview with the Taliban spokesman, said Ali, citing information from local journalists. Ali said that Ibrahim also worked for the Urdu-language Daily Express. No arrests or claims of responsibility were made.
Job: Broadcast Reporter
Beats Covered: Politics
Local or Foreign: Local
Type of Death: Murder
Suspected Source of Fire: Unknown Fire
Taken Captive: No
- Somali government harassing journalists as fighting rages, July 2, 2010
- Attacks on the Press in 2008: Pakistan, February 10, 2009
- Journalist gunned down in Pakistan, May 22, 2008
- Somali government cracks down on media over security coverage , June 7, 2007
- In Somalia, reporter held incommunicado since Friday , March 14, 2007