- Global Voices is an international community of bloggers who report on blogs and citizen media from around the world.
- Rebecca MacKinnon is a senior research fellow at the New America Foundation. Her work focuses on holding technology companies accountable to universally recognized human rights standards on free expression and privacy. She is a member
of CPJ’s board of directors.
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) defends free speech, privacy, innovation, and consumer rights. EFF blends the expertise of lawyers, policy analysts, activists, and technologists, and fights for freedom primarily in the courts,
bringing and defending lawsuits even when that means taking on the U.S. government or large corporations.
- Open Net Initiative’s mission is to identify and document Internet filtering and surveillance, and to promote and inform wider public dialogues about such practices.
- Ethan Zuckerman directs the Center for Civic Media at MIT, and teaches at MIT’s Media Lab. He is the author of “Rewire: Digital Cosmopolitans in the Age of Connection” and the co-founder of global blogging community Global Voices.
- Human Rights Watch is one of the world’s leading independent organizations dedicated to defending and protecting human rights.
- The IFEX network of organizations is connected by a shared commitment to defend and promote freedom of expression as a fundamental human right.
- CPJ is a founding member of the Global Network Initiative, a multi-stakeholder group of companies, civil society organizations, investors, and academics with a collaborative approach to protecting and advancing freedom of expression
and privacy in the ICT sector.
- Schneier on Security is a blog covering security and security technology. Author Bruce Schneier is the author of 12 books, a fellow at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School, a program fellow at the New
America Foundation's Open Technology Institute, a board member of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, an Advisory Board Member of the Electronic Privacy Information Center, and the Chief Technology Officer at Co3 Systems, Inc.