Speak Justice Campaign Associate
The Committee to Protect Journalists, a nonprofit organization dedicated to the defense of press freedom, is seeking a Campaign Associate for its digital campaign Speak Justice: Voices against Impunity.
Speak Justice is an online campaign to shed light on journalist murders and to generate actions demanding justice. The campaign is part of CPJ's Global Campaign Against Impunity, and is powered by CPJ in collaboration with global and local partner organizations as well as concerned individuals.
The Associate is responsible for running the campaign website, main social media accounts, email blasts, and other online activities. Under the direction of CPJ's Campaign Coordinator, he/she will also work with CPJ staff and campaign partners worldwide to coordinate digital projects and engage global campaign advocates. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about digital campaigning and using social media to generate change, and have a creative approach and the ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple responsibilities. He/she should also have excellent data management skills; very strong knowledge of CMS; and international campaigning experience. The position is temporary (10 months), part-time (60%), and based in New York.
- Upload and maintain the campaign website using a customized CMS
- Administer and update the Campaign's social media accounts, primarily Facebook and Twitter
- Conceptualize and produce multimedia content to further the campaign
- Create and carry out periodic email blasts to advocates
- Maintain the campaign advocacy calendar
- Draft blog/social media posts for the Speak Justice and CPJ websites
- Track and analyze Web metrics related to the site and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the campaign coordinator to support overall campaign goals and collaborate with staff across the organization
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with popular content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Familiarity with contact databases (Salesforce, Kintera, etc.) and email blasting services (Exact Target, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Experience in using social media platforms (particularly Twitter and Facebook) to build communities and raise awareness for a social issue
- Good understanding of Google Analytics; able to decipher data and recognize trends and patterns in order to better strategize social media outreach
- Troubleshooting and resourceful in problem solving
- Comfortable working on both Macs and PCs
- Highly organized, motivated, and dependable individual with excellent communication skills and ability to work with partners
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree required
- Background in online advocacy and/or international campaigning highly desirable
- International work or study experience, and additional language skills (Spanish, Russian in particular) are an advantage
Send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com before May 8, 2013. Due to the number of applications, CPJ will respond only to those candidates who have been shortlisted. No phone calls please.
Director of Finance and Administration
The Committee to Protect Journalists seeks a Director of Finance and Administration to oversee the organization's financial and administrative operations, including planning, budgeting, and human resources. The Director of Finance and Administration is a member of CPJ's senior management team and reports to the Executive Director.
CPJ is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to the defense of press freedom around the world. Headquartered in New York, CPJ operates globally, with a staff on 29 in New York, Washington, and San Francisco, and with representatives in key international locations. The annual operating budget is just over $5 million. CPJ has an endowment of $11 million overseen by the Investments Committee of the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
The Director of Finance and Administration, working with the Board of Directors and other senior managers, helps set the strategic vision for the organization in areas of financial management, forecasting, and human resources management. The Director of Finance and Administration oversees a two-person team, including a bookkeeper and receptionist/office administrator.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree, and 7-10 years of overall professional experience in a nonprofit environment. Technological savvy, strong communications skills, and the ability to work in a complex and fast-paced work environment are essential. International experience is a plus.
Qualified individuals, please apply with our executive search partner: www.on-ramps.com/jobs/825.
No phone calls please.