March 15, 2007, in Helmand province, Afghanistan
According to Mastrogiacomo, Agha was beheaded several days after the group was grabbed. The Taliban accused him of being a spy. Mastrogiacomo was released on March 19; Naqshbandi was beheaded by his captors on April 8.
Media Support Worker: In 2003, CPJ began documenting the deaths of vital media employees such as translators, drivers, fixers, and administrative workers.
- As fighting surges, so does danger to press, February 16, 2010
- Five missing, apparently kidnapped in Afghanistan, January 4, 2010
- Journalist and translator freed in Afghanistan , November 12, 2009
- Afghan journalists call for justice in Munadi's death, September 14, 2009
- An Afghan fixer struggles in exile in Sweden, June 18, 2009
- More »