If you are interested in helping CPJ's Journalist Assistance program, please contact us. Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Donate to CPJ's distress fund for journalists. The fund provides emergency grants to journalists facing persecution for their work. (Please note that CPJ does not accept donations earmarked for individual cases.)
- Help sponsor the family of a journalist imprisoned for his work. When a journalist is jailed, his or her family is often left destitute. A little support can have a large impact on these shattered lives.
- Let us know if you have computers, media equipment or other in-kind donations you would like to pass on to a journalist in need, or pro-bono services you can offer.
- Contact us if you plan to travel to countries where journalists are imprisoned or attacked. You can volunteer to help local journalists.
- Help welcome or professionally mentor a journalist in exile in your area. Contact us for details.
- Publicize the plights of journalists facing persecution around the world. If you would like to interview, book a speaking engagement, or publish work by a journalist assisted by CPJ, contact the Journalist Assistance program.