June 15, 1995, in an unknown place, RussiaIvanov, a correspondent for St. Petersburg daily Nevskoye Vremya, was last seen by his colleagues on June 16, 1995, when he left for the Oryokhnov Region of Chechnya. Ivanov was going to look for Nevskoye Vremya journalists Maxim Chabalin and Felix Titov, who had not been heard from since February 27, 1995. By year's end, Ivanov's colleagues still had not heard from him, and they fear he may have been killed.
Motive Unconfirmed: CPJ is investigating to determine whether the death was work-related.
- Anatomy of Injustice: Appendix I, September 15, 2009
- Journalists Missing, February 12, 2008
- Attacks on the Press 2005: Russia, February 16, 2006
- RUSSIA , November 29, 2005
- TV anchor taken off air for critical news reporting , November 28, 2005